Thursday, March 26, 2009

Personal Hygiene Day

Today was Personal Hygiene Day at school for the 5th graders. They split the boys and girls and showed a video that was supposed to be all about personal hygiene. My children came home from school to find me dressed and the babies ready to go grocery shopping. I ordered them into the car, but my 5th grader demanded five more minutes. I started getting everyone else into the car, but ducked back inside to see what was taking BB so long. I found him in the bathroom with his bag of travel size spoils from today's school lesson. He was applying deodorant to his forehead, because they did such an excellent job of explaining personal hygiene today, and because it did say antiperspirant...I mean everyone knows that your forehead sweats right?

In the car on the way to the store, my son with his flawless complexion told me that soon I would need to buy him acne medicine. I assured him that day was coming, soon in fact, if he keeps putting deodorant on his forehead.

3 comments:

  1. Bwahahaha!!! Sometimes I think these well-meaning talks cause more problems than they solve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, at least they still do cute things at that age and make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the laugh! I especially needed it today. BTW, picked up my award and will post according to the "rules" of the award sometime this weekend. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete