This post is going to be short because apparently a woman's brain does truly shrink during pregnancy. However a couple of things are flitting around in my mind.
- I LOATHE being off our happy schedule.
- Even if my kids are in totally craptastic moods, at least I know when they'll sleep, usually.
- Having kids in craptastic moods with limitless energy sucks.
- It sucks worse if your husband's crying and whining just adds to the fun.
- If your way clearly doesn't work...what the hell...try it your wife's way, just in case maybe in a zillion months of single parenting she actually learned something.
- I fucking hate ineptitude. It is one of the reasons that I left the workforce...why I am just remembering it now?
- When bedtime has gone all to shit...screaming at your spouse at the top of your lungs...probably isn't going to help the little ones slip off into dreamland. Please see the above observation about trying it your wife's way...ya know...just in case it works.
- Can it really be preferable to be seen as a raving lunatic than to...ya know...try it your wife's way and take the chance that you'll be *gasp* wrong?
P.S. Your wife would probably never even mention that it was her idea...if you would just fucking do it already.