Monday, April 13, 2009

It was a happy Bunny Day!

On Saturday, the children and I dyed Easter eggs. We used all natural vegetable colorants instead of traditional dyes. I think they came out quite pretty. The children were disappointed because the natural dyes aren't conducive to multi-colored eggs. I was loving the cleanup though. No need to do it outside on newspaper, a sponge and a dab of dish soap was completely adequate to erase the mess. Nothing stained my sink, my children's fingers, or my dishes!

Saturday night, my husband and I went out to a movie. A big thanks to my stepson for hanging out with the kids! We saw The Fast and the Furious 4!!! I love Vin Diesel. He actually reminds me a lot of Hubby. When Hubby and I met, he was so serious about working out that he measured his biceps daily. One of his biceps used to be 32inches around, now that is his waist measurement. Alas, I digress...the movie was great! I'm so glad we got to see it. After we got home, it was time for the Easter Bunny to get her tush in gear. She did and the above picture was taken at an odd angle because the Easter Bunny couldn't get her husband to move and she didn't want him in the picture.

We had a nice Easter lunch at my Grandparent's house. This is TLL playing with a stick that she dug out from under the blanket. The series is quite funny, especially the 'after' we took the stick away shots.


That is our Jelly Belly! Such a cutie pie she is. She had lots of fun on the Easter egg hunt that my family did for them.



The gang is all here (as always the boys are fighting) and they are Jelly Belly, Little Boy, Big Boy, Hubby, The Little Lady, and Hercules.
It was a pretty great weekend. Today we have H's appointment to have his x-rays done. If this x-ray is good, then we'll get a break from weekly check-ups (and weekly $50 co-pays) and have to go back in another four weeks when they'll try to take his cast off. Here's hoping!!!




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend. I thought about the natural dyes, but opted out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a traditional kit on hand...just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a you had a very nice Easter. What did you use for the dyes? With a 3yr old who loves to drop the egs into the cup and splash it everywhere this would have been nice. And, you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya, this time I used India Tree food dyes. I like them because they come in a three pack and are super concentrated, so a little goes a long way. I used a 3/4 cup of warm water, a couple of healthy teaspoons of vinegar and just played with the dye combos.

    Awesome stuff! The kids and I learned about them at one of the Kids Kitchen classes at Whole Foods. Now we have fun 'coloring' anything from applesauce (thanks Monica) to icing. Especially nifty is making a marble cake. I let the kids swirl the colors of their choice with toothpicks in the cake pan. Very nifty way to trick them into thinking they are helping without making me crazy!

    ReplyDelete