Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What got flushed when I wasn't looking

Yesterday, my grandparents gave my 3 year old and my 1 year old a potty chair. It is one of those 'real' potty chairs that flush, talk, sing, and light up. I saw this potty chair when out 'potty' shopping and I decided against it. I thought that it might be a bad idea to give a child a receptacle for their bodily waste that masquerades as a toy. But, what do I know? My grandparents raised eight kids, and I've never heard stories about them playing with their feces, so I figured we would give it a try.

Well, the potty is an instant hit. We are all singing the 'toilet paper' song that it plays, because, it is quite catchy. My children are vying to be the next one on the potty. I have spent my day playing mediator. "H, you just 'used' the potty. Now, it is TLL's turn."

Don't be fooled though, the only thing that has gone down that toilet today, is my life. That's right, at some point,while navigating the politics of sharing potty chairs, that fake flusher sucked my 'real' life out of that pretend bowl, and THIS is what I'm left with.

"I'm too big, look at me, I can use my own pot-tee, and I'm soooooo proud..."

5 comments:

  1. You never heard baby feces play stories because they never told you them. Everybody has one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmm....you present a convincing case as to why to remain childless....

    but i mean, c'mon, feces playing sounds like sooooooooooo much fun! ;)

    ~hl~
    {www.hoscorners.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I shouldn't have a second child becuase if everyone has a feces play story my luck is bound to run out if I have another. We have been extremely lucky in that department.

    I hope the new potty works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Don't look now, there goes your life! (just kidding, of course...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, did it work? Seriously, I'll trade my life to get rid of diapers. How can they charge so much for what is essentially a crap sack? It's criminal.

    ReplyDelete