Thursday, October 8, 2009

Too tired to post*

My mind is mush. Waking my daughter up every four hours through the night for medicine, on top of two babies still requiring night feedings has taken a toll on me. I really believe that my daughter has an ear infection...not the Swine Flu or the Not Swine Flu. I was tempted to take her back to the doctor, but, instead opted to beg for antibiotics over the phone. Apparently, they aren't any more eager to roll out the Hazmat welcome wagon, as I am to be the recipient of it, therefore, they allowed me to diagnose my child over the phone. After two doses of antibiotics, my daughter's fever has broken and she is bouncing off the walls and begging to go back to school. Hmmm...

Meanwhile, my boys, who were written out of school for the week, in the event that we were nurturing the bubonic plague around here, are having a great time. I. Am. Not.

I am tired. Too tired to think. Too tired to post. Too tired to clean. Too tired to take off my make up. Too tired to read. Too tired to sleep. Grrr!!! It is the last one that is kicking me in the bottom.

I thought that a trip to the nail salon for a pedicure by the world's strongest nail tech would cheer me up. The leg massage part is awesome I say...until I got there and found out that my nail guy quit. Crap! Crap. Crap. The girls there (who are great, really) offered to give me a pedicure, but, I refused. I am a borderline diabetic and my heels show it, they crack, they split, they hurt. The girls there haven't the strength to scrub my heels with a pumice stone, and, a razor just makes a bad problem worse. *I* don't have the strength to scrub my heels with a pumice stone the way they need to be. So, I am in the market for a new nail tech, not necessarily male, but with strength equal to a 6' plus guy weighing about 175 lbs. Know someone like that? Anybody? No? I didn't think so.

I need to get the few tufts of hair remaining on my head trimmed. If I find out my stylist is gone, there is no telling what I might do!

*Disclaimer: This post is devoid of any real reason to be written, other than all the email I have received from IRL friends who assume my silence in this forum means that I and my bloodline have all succumbed to the swines. Please forgive me if you are not one of those people.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that when I talked about scraping the dead skin off the feet of my grandmother would be better than having sex with Dave Letterman- when I said that, I grossed myself out. I hate feet. So your post made me gag a little. BUT I am very impressed that as exhausted as you are, you still wear makeup! I so rarely take care of myself that my oldest literally lights up like a Christmas tree if he sees me wearing something other than jeans, with make-up and hair done. So sad. Hope things get better. Keep me laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv, there is not much that you and I suffer from that wouldn't be made 100% better with enough sleep.

    OK, now that you've stopped laughing/weeping/choking on your coffee, I'll say this: what the hell good does it do to know what will make things better if you cannot have the one thing that will make it better?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    If only we could sleep for as long as we need...

    Hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete