Monday, October 26, 2009

Craziness and histrionics

Please tell me if I am inviting total insanity and abject misery into my home and heart if I send my otherwise not busy step son to a carpet laying class at the hardware store, have him enlist the help of his friends and replace our carpeting on the upper level for say $300. I am really, seriously considering this. That would be crazy? Right? Bloggy pals, help me out. Talk me 'in' or 'out' of this insanity, please!

If my oldest child doesn't STFU in about a second, I am pretty sure my brain will explode. What I am hearing is this...

LB: Where are your car keys?
LB: C'mon Mom, I need 'em.
LB: A coffee drink! You didn't get me one.
LB: When are you going to buy me another one of those coffee drinks? (yes Tanya, I took your advice!)
LB: When are you going to get me another game for my DS?
LB: You're gonna find my gym clothes for tomorrow.
LB: Oh man, the baby is waking up.
LB: Why are you crying? *fine, I'm extrapolating here*

The above speech (my son's take on a soliloquy...for sure!) was uttered without him taking a single breath, about two inches from my ear. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I think you should go for it. At least, as long as you are prepared to not expect perfection. My reason is simply, that it wouldn't get done otherwise (is my guess).

    Did you pee today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it. Or better yet, have them install hardwood.

    ReplyDelete