Monday, October 5, 2009

Doors close and windows open

Well, the misunderstood adult children have returned. A touch apologetic, a bit shame faced, and no worse for the wear. They called last night about 170 miles away, they had lost their phone, had no money, and were totally out of gas. Of course, they also had no identification on them...so we are lucky indeed that a police officer took pity and gave them enough money for gas to get home, otherwise I guess I would have had to drive gas money out to them as they couldn't have claimed wire funds without ID. They were here before I woke up.

N is returning to his mother's house. S will stay here. It is really the way things ought to be. S fits into our crazy, loud, unconventional home. N fits well with his mom. Is it any small wonder that N is most like his mother, while S is more like his dad?

Hubby is back on the job. His tasks are plenty for this week, so we shall see how it goes. After a two week breather from his boss, he'll get another break while his boss is here in town this week. *Please note, that I am very proud of myself for being only mildly tempted to hunt him down and kick his ass while he is in the vicinity.*

Doors close and windows open everyday in this crazy, miserable, wonderful life!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the story of the Prodigal Son. I'm glad things worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help feeling angry at the people who made my husband's job miserable for a whole year. It affected our whole family. So glad to be out from under that now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just became one of your groupies; found you via 1-2-3 Autism Free. I figured that a mom to 6 might be the perfect role model for me to learn how to maintain my sanity with a sense of humour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that having your stepson around is a help for you. It sounds like he enjoys being with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Doors close and windows open everyday in this crazy, miserable, wonderful life!"

    This very fact takes my breath away on a daily basis. :)

    ReplyDelete