Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I saw this as a Facebook note and I think it is a pretty decent way to start a blog.

1. My husband is 27 years older than I am.
2. We have 5 children.
3. My dogs are both mixes adopted from a shelter.
4. Their names are Molly and Patty.
5. My husband is Persian.
6. So is one of our cats.
7. A Persian cat is no less maintenance than a Persian husband.
8. After 11 years of marriage I hate rice, which my husband eats at every meal.
9. I have a tattoo.
10. I ran the dishwasher tonight for 6 baby bottles and a dozen pacifiers that I was too sick and too lazy to wash by hand.
11. I grew up Catholic, but, I give it up for Lent every year.
12. I am the least domestic person you will ever meet.
13. I really like it when my 8 year old calls me Mama.
14. Christmas is my least favorite holiday.
15. My absolute favorite portrait that I have hanging on my wall is of Toby, my other cat. Sorry kids.
16. I lost my wedding ring in 2001 and have never had it replaced.
17. My husband lost his in 2007, which made me secretly happy because he never wore it, but, he kept it in his wallet which made a mark in the leather that looked like a condom ring.
18. I have two half sisters and a long lost half brother.
19. I have had 3 of my 5 children without the aid of pain meds.
20. My husband has had 2 heart attacks.
21. I am totally neurotic about food and nutrition, maybe because I want my husband to stick around for a long time.
22. I have a favorite sister.
23. I despise Miley Cyrus.
24. My favorite living being to cuddle with is actually my dog Molly.
25. When my daughter wakes up during the night, I am often secretly glad because my days are so busy that I don't get to enjoy holding her and kissing her as much as I'd like.

2 comments:

  1. How did you and your husband meet?

    Also, I was the same way with my youngest (#25). For the first year, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I worked together. At a really crappy Italian restaurant. I was saving money for college, he was trying break into the engineering field. I fell head over heels in love because he is so smart. This year is 15 years since we met.

    ReplyDelete