Thursday, February 26, 2009

The angry bitter fishwife

Okay, I am seriously tired of being sick, having sick kids, and buying kleenex by the boatload. This frigging cold/flu season has been hands down the WORST I can remember. This is the third time since January that I have been struck down by some kind of crud. The first time it was just a cold, but it sucked. The second was like a 48 hour flu. This time it has been a flipping week already. I am tired of coughing. I am tired of having my chest hurt. I am grateful that my throat doesn't hurt anymore, but, now my ears ache. Piss on this!

I want to breathe. Please look for me to have an accidental overdose in my quest to breathe somewhat freely. Starting tomorrow, I am going to pretend that I'm not sick. Maybe if I pretend well enough, I'll start to believe me. My husband will be home this weekend. Typically I spend all weekend trying to keep the peace and performing like a trained seal whenever he sees something that he thinks needs attending to (i.e. the dishes) this weekend is going to be different. I am going to rest. I am going to read. I am going to watch hours of mindless television. I am going to recharge my batteries that frankly probably just need replacing (someone let me know if they figure out how that works) and I am going to be VERY selfish. I may get my hair cut, colored, and highlighted. I may get my eyebrows waxed (so very overdue, thank goodness I'm already married) but that is all. I need some time for myself, and dammit I am getting it, even if I have to take hostages.

All of this is brought on by the fact that he totally stressed me out last visit because he needed a new tire, which he never got. He was then supposed to get a tire in the two weeks since we've seen him, but guess what? He hasn't. This trip will only be a day and a half. Less than 48 hours at home. However, he wants to make a tire change a priority while he is here? If he isn't coming to help me out, and so that the children and I remember what he looks like...why is he coming at all? Oh yeah! Duh! To get his tire changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment