Thursday, February 5, 2009

The biggest lie in the world

Has your pediatrician ever taken the time to assure you that "you can never spoil a baby?" Mine has. This is a BIG FAT LIE. Yes, you can spoil a baby. I know this to be true. Now. That it is too late. Now. That we have hit the point of no return.

TLL was sick a few weeks ago. Each and every time she cried, I ran. Eager to pick her up, comfort her, make her feel better the only way I could. Since her recovery, she continues to cry several times a night, expecting to be cuddled and soothed. I have indulged this because truthfully I really like our secret time. My day is so full with taking care of my other children and making sure my two year old doesn't take over the world, that special quiet time at night when it is just us, is great for catching up on hugs, kisses, giggles and snuggles.

Right now though, I am sick. The kind of sick that makes even sitting upright a monumental challenge. My head is pounding, my sinuses are throbbing, I can't breathe. I am shaking, I am sweating, I am freezing, all at the same time. I feel just shy of craptastic. My daughter however understands none of this. She slept a total of 3 hours last night. At one point I looked down at her face which is usually so tranquil, and realized that my girl was pissed. I was doing a substandard version of my usual performance and it made her mad.

Oops. A huge mistake has been made. One that must be undone for my continued sanity. Super Nanny where are you? I think I need you. Unless you are also a BIG FAT LIAR who says there is no such thing as a spoiled baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment