Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wow what a day...what a ride

Oh my. I'm not sure what I am going to do when it is just me and my two hands. Holy Hell, today was HARD. I wanted to get to the pharmacy when they opened today, so...I started getting the babies and myself ready around eight. We didn't make it by nine. As a matter of fact, we didn't make it by noon either. One o'clock is a bit more accurate.

I am screwed with sleeping arrangements at the moment. The baby is in TLL's crib. TLL is in the portable crib, newly relocated to my bedroom. There isn't anything to put either baby down in on the first floor at the moment.

In other news, I am giving breastfeeding the good old college try again. I am using formula, but, trying to nurse first, before her bottle. I guess time will tell if my milk will come in for the new baby.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the baby's pediatrician. I LOVE her. She is a true homeopathic pediatrician. She rocks. Totally. I'm pretty fond of the midwife that delivered the baby too. This was the best 'birth' of my six. I plan to share a little more about it soon. Unfortunately, I am not sure we will actually make the appointment unless I start getting everybody ready tonight.

Thanks so very much for all the support, prayers, and well wishes. It feels like I've been on a wild roller coaster ride since Tuesday morning. Lots of excitement, but, I've been scared to death too.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! I am sooooooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I am so glad that she is here, and so happy that Daddy was with us in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed you are even posting!! Wild ride indeed. And getting out of the house AT ALL is medal-deserving behavior. Best of luck with the breastfeeding. (I had such a hard time with Baby #5--weird cuz the first four weren't that way.) Your pictures of Leila are absolutely beautiful -- and I can't wait to hear the "birth story." I'm a sucker for birth stories.

    CON GRAT U LATIONS~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I can not believe you are posting right now. You are a super woman. I hope all is well. I am thinking about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are resiliant. I don't think I posted for a month after my son was born. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete