Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When *good* isn't really good at all

My husband just got off the phone with his brother. His brother also works for the same branch of the government. His brother was called into the big district boss's office today. He was told that my husband would keep his job...with a lot of pressure to perform better.

On one hand...thank God he still has a job. On the other? Classy, right? Tell my husband's brother before they tell my husband? Really? Uncle Sam knows how to set a good example. The professional in me is irate.

But...but, for now we still have a job. We still have a paycheck. We still have insurance. Thank God for that.

I knew when my husband decided to fight this, that the 'good outcome' could be no better than this. I knew that it was unlikely that he would prevail. This is a victory, per se, for my husband. I just failed to recognize how bittersweet it would be.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sucks. We can always hope the supervisor will be moved or something, right?

    ReplyDelete