Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fungus for me, fungus for you?

As a mother of six I have always said that there is nothing (short of illegal) that I wouldn't do for more energy. I mean seriously, wouldn't you? Do anything for more energy than your kids have? Except for maybe this one thing that someone suggested to me today...cordyceps. Cordyceps is a Chinese tonic, a fungus that grows on Tibetan caterpillars. I am totally NOT kidding. I have found where I must draw the line in the sand, and a fungus that grows on a glorified worm is where it's at. EEEEeeeeeww!!! For those of you that are made of stronger stuff than I am, it is 2g with meals, and you may expect a noticeable difference in 3 months or less.

Speaking of needing more energy, we are driving down to my mother's house for the day. My sister and her husband are already there. For our little day trip I have packed 8 bathing suits, 7 pairs of flip flops, swim diapers in 3 sizes, 12 outfits, 6 pairs of pajamas, one diaper bag in size Extra Grande, my trusty Vera Bradley purse, 18 baby bottles, 1 portable bottle warmer, 2 laptops, 3 gameboys, 1 DVD player, 7 lunches, 7 dinners, 1 tote of snacks, and three coolers of drinks. I am freaking exhausted and I still have a ton of stuff to do before we leave. My sleep will probably be nonexistent and then I'll be miserable all day tomorrow. Such is life, or more accurately, such is my life. Six hours in the car with six children...how bad can it be?

*I eat mushrooms, could caterpillar fungi be that much worse?*

2 comments:

  1. So they each get an hour to freak out? For your sake, I hope the don't all pick the same hour!

    And fungus. My, my. First: that's just gross. Second: any "cure" that takes 3 months is no cure at all.

    Have a good trip! See, that's why I never take my kids anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,

    Now I see...too late, too late I see.

    ReplyDelete