Sunday, September 13, 2009

A few gems from our weekend

A phone conversation held in the car...

Me: Where do I have to turn again?
Hubby: At the bank.
Me: Where is the bank?
Hubby: Ugh! The first turn after the bowling alley.
Me: Nifty! Thanks, see you soon, bye.
Hercules: Who exactly is Nifty? What did he say to you and WHY are we going to see him?

Trying to eat a slice of pizza while guzzling a beer...

Jelly Bean: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...........blah, etc.
BB: *softly whispered in my ear* She's talking about her emotions again, just nod and smile and maybe she'll finish soon.
Me: *blood flooding my mouth while trying to stifle laughter*
JB: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc.
BB: *still whispering softly* I used to try to listen when she talked about her emotions, but then I realized that she just has too many of them.
Me: *gasping for breath and grabbing my sides from painful fit of laughter*

We really did have a great week. My husband took a week off before he had to return to the wilds of Miami and I took full advantage of it. I had lunch with my two elementary school kids twice this week. We had a blast with my son's class pet. I took my daughter shopping at the outlet mall. I took my two oldest boys to see GI Joe which was the greatest kiddie movie ever. Sadly, we didn't do a whole lot as a family with the exception of the trip to my mother's house, but, this week was totally awesome, I had so much fun with my kids. Of course, taking a week off from being the Mom-On-Duty also means that my house is totally wrecked, in a way worse than usual sense, but, that is okay because it'll probably be Christmas before I can hang out with my big kids one on one again. The mess is way worth it!

I hope that all of you had great weekends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment