Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I wish I were

I am very sad. In my heart I am in line with all the people seeing Harry Potter at midnight. In reality, I am at home because all the people I would trust to babysit are in line to see Harry Potter. Although, tomorrow morning at 9:30, my oldest son and myself will be at the movie theater for, get this, the second show of the day...the first one starts at 9:00a.m.

I just finished rereading the book and I'm ready for tomorrow. I am so absurdly excited about seeing the movie, and I am happy to have a child to bring with me so that I look legit. This is one I would sit by myself in a corner to see, but, it is so much nicer that I don't have to.

I am leaving off the eye make-up. I fear my son will have to be repulsed by tears I will most likely shed at the end. At least he won't have to look at my raccoon eyes.

Updated thoughts:

We saw it this morning and I absolutely hated it. I was so busy trying to reconcile what we were watching to what happened in the book, that I didn't even cry. I am so sad, things happened in the movie that will prevent the final two films from being too similar to Book 7. What did you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. We are going to see it Friday morning. And by "we" I mean me and Jason. My ungrateful kids can suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! My 11 year old (also starting middle school, oldest of 4 boys -eek!) and I love, love, love Harry Potter. We were on vacation near San Diego, so we got the chance to sneak out at midnight and go! We were both very disappointed...the plot was so weak. Gone are the days when the story was told - now the HP empire is all shock and awe and interesting directorial angles. Too bad!

    ReplyDelete