Monday, June 15, 2009

In the blink of an eye

I am feeling a little like death warmed over...literally. Last week I started having really severe abdominal pain. All at once it seemed like. It got worse until the pain made labor feel trivial, I gave in and called my Aunt to stay with the children and take me to the emergency room. The next few hours passed in a blur.

They admitted me to the hospital, where I've been hanging out in the ICU until last night. Last night, I finally managed to convince all of the doctors to let me go home. Of course, now I am feeling so bad, and am so scared of missing any indication of a relapse, and having symptoms that went away early in my hospital stay...that I'm a big bundle of nerves on the verge of tears.

So, if you are inclined, please say a little prayer for me and my family, pray that I will only get better from here on out. Pray that I will get to see my six beautiful children grow up...and please go hug yours. Please look at them them way I am looking at mine right now...not taking anything or any moment for granted.

Kids, I love you. You are my life.

5 comments:

  1. Viv. What happened? I hope that you did not try to come home too early. Rest. Take care of yourself as best you can so that you can take care of the kids later.
    I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv, what did the docs say? What it the pain from? I will pray for you and your family, too, and my kids have you to thank from bringing me back from "the yelling place" today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch them grow up? Did they give you any indication as to what is wrong? An infection perhapse? Where is the pain? Uterus area or higher? You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey! I will pray for all of you. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Viv! I have no idea what's wrong, but I'm thinking about you. I will say some prayers for you and your beautiful family. Keep us updated, okay?

    ReplyDelete