Friday, June 26, 2009

A few sour grapes

I am tired. I am also dizzy. This is not a winning combination. I still need to make a follow up appointment for next week with my OB/GYN. I have a suspicion that a kidney infection has remained from my recent *yuck* but, I am in no hurry to confirm my suspicion unless I start to run a fever. Fun, fun, fun.

In other news, my 11 month old has given up sleeping. She is now waking up around 1:00 in the morning and going strong until 4:00. Of course this overlaps with one of BG's feedings...which means that I get to listen to TLL scream at the top of her lungs until BG finishes her bottle. My kindness and compassion are much diminished in the middle of the night, and I am not going to win any parenting awards for loving conversations held during these hours.

My husband is home. I promptly went to sleep when he arrived this morning...until he woke me up to say he needed a nap. This is after arriving today, which meant staying an extra night at the hotel to rest up for his trip home. He *could* have been home by dinner time last night, but, he chose to stay and rest after his stressful week. Don't think that I am failing to understand how important it is for him to get his beauty sleep. Really. After all this is the man I love, the father of my children. *Fucker* Okay, so maybe there is a smidgen of latent bitterness.

My niece graduated from high school this week. I am so proud of her. She managed to stay out of trouble and keep her nose clean and walk away from high school with her diploma! This is no small feat in my family, where my sisters and myself found more trouble than we could handle before finishing school. *You go Sis, you did a damn fine job with your baby girl! I am so proud of you both!!!*

I'm ready for the summer fun to start in earnest...bring it on! We're going to rock this summer!

3 comments:

  1. I want to punch your husband for you. And maybe sometime you'll punch mine for me. Criss cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I was going to post something about your hubby, and then Jen's post just made me laugh. Can I just get in on some of that Criss cross action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Criss cross indeed! I was at VBS all week with my children, and then had the worst PMS of my life on Friday, complete with anxiety and paranoia, and when hubby arrived for the dinner, which i was supposed to be working at, he whined that I wasn't paying enough attention to him.

    All I could do was walk away speechless. Yeah. *fucker*

    :)

    ReplyDelete