Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween and a couple of other important things

The sheer number of things that have happened in the last two months are nearly impossible to even update you all on, but, I am going to try.  We moved.  We moved into a lovely house on a great cul-de-sac, in the most close knit neighborhood...and then found out that our charming new rental, goes up for public sale on the 16th of this month.  Can I hear a "what, WHAT?"

Jeff got a fantastic new job.  The home office is in Seattle.  I, you guys will be proud of me I know, have survived two of his trips out there so far, the latest for three weeks.  It's hard.  I have always been so independent in the way I care for myself and my children, that I realized as Jeff was leaving for this amazing new opportunity (because he is brilliant, and I am not the only one who has noticed) that I actually 'share' the parenting with him, and I was going to miss my support system.  Hello!!!  Isn't that insane for a 'married single mother,' of many, many years?  We lived it.  We did it.  He is home now.

The kids had a fantastic Halloween.  I had two doctors, two Dora pirates, and a sleeping Doodlebop.  Jeff and I took the kids trick-or-treating!  Again, JEFF and I took the kids trick-or-treating!  It was so novel and amazing to have a pair of eyes to meet, and to share thoughts about how cute our kids are.  This was by far, Mommy's best trick-or-treat year yet!

Yesterday, I got the one gift I have been lusting after for years, and years.  I slept in...until after 11.  When I got out of bed and made my way toward the coffee...there they were...kids eating and playing, Jeff smiling at me.  I got to sleep in until my body told me to wake up...and nobody was even mad at me!  Never has anyone done something for me that meant this much.  Not ever.

So...lots of changes, lots of things staying the same too.  I just keep pinching myself...and amazingly, it keeps hurting!

3 comments:

  1. You know, this almost made me cry, realizing what you had been missing all these years. And you have most of the kids with you now, too! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SC, you're really sweet!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete